Friday 15 April 2011

Barrington Court (National Trust) – Near Ilminster, Somerset

We went to Barrington Court on Sunday to make the most of the beautiful weather that we had at the weekend. We visited the small café in the entrance / reception building (not the restaurant that is inside the property) for coffee and cake.

I had a hot chocolate and my husband had a coffee. There was only a small selection of cakes and sadly no chocolate one so we both had a slice of lemon sponge. They were good sized portions, homemade with just the right amount of Lemon, not overpowering and we both enjoyed it. My hot chocolate was delicious but again, no marshmallows (it’s tempting to start bringing my own! I haven’t been anywhere that does marshmallows in their hot chocolate for ages). My husband enjoyed his coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment